Friday, August 21, 2009

Finest Foodies Friday – August 21, 2009

Jenn, The Leftover Queen has asked me to step in and help her out with this weeks FFF so without further ado…

icon_fff

As always here is what the FFF is all about. Finest Foodies Friday! FFF is a weekly Friday post featuring favorites from The Foodie Blogroll! We do this so we can share in the rich diversity of what The Foodie Blogroll has to offer by featuring some of our favorites and yours!
What is the Foodie Blogroll? It is the first and fastest growing free membership blogroll for food bloggers and has become a wonderful community to share ideas about all things food related. With a membership of over 4700 food blogs, I am sure you can find much inspiration and new friends! :)

The only requirement to be featured here on FFF is to be a member of The Foodie Blogroll and be displaying The Foodie Blogroll widget on your blog. If you are not yet a member, but you have a food blog and would like to join us, please click here!

If you have a favorite foodblog on The Foodie Blogroll, that you would like to be featured here on FFF, please join us over on The Leftover Queen/Foodie Blogroll Forum, and post your favorite Foodie Blogroll foodblogs here.

These are my 5 blog choices for the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

Whole Food Whole Family

This is a beautiful vegetarian blog written by Chandelle who has a wonderful dream “My dream is to live self-sufficiently on a little plot of borrowed earth and save the world.”  Nice huh?

You need to check out her post on Fresh Spring Rolls with Thai-inspired Almond Dip

The Dessert Nook

This blog is written by 19 year old Laura from Helsinki, Finland who has had a life long dream to become a pastry chef.  What a great dream!  She sure does make a mean looking Strawberry Ice Cream!

Mango & Tomato

Great blog written by Olga who is a DC blogger.  She writes about a huge variety of things from restaurant reviews, to Daring Cook and Baker posts and then she posts some really great frugal hints…Love the one about freezing the last little bit of a bottle of wine but I have to question the dumpster diving???  LOL!

Mixing Bowl Kids

What an inspiring blog by a woman who is passionate about families spending time together in the kitchen.  Long been a passion of mine as well.  She offers cooking classes for children which I personally think is a wonderful idea.  what a way to inspire a life long love of food?  She is also a fellow Canadian.  Check out her creative corn coins…made to help accommodate a toothless child!

Playing House

Fun blog by a self confessed amateur foodie living in the Pacific Northwest.  I was scrolling through all of her posts and I have to say that I would be hard pressed to choose just one recipe that she has posted on her blog as a favorite.  I love the Thai beef, Oreo brownies, Panzanella, ice cream, cookies.  I could go on and on!

That’s it for this week! I hope you enjoyed this week’s FFF. Remember, if you would like to see a blog featured here, who is part of the FBR please visit the forum and nominate them.
WE NEED NOMINATIONS!!!!!!

Also we all love to know how people came to find our blogs, so please visit all of our featured bloggers today and don’t forget to tell them that you found them via Finest Foodies Friday!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Great suggestions! I just did a cleanup of my site and just realized I had yet to pull the Foodie Blogroll over. Oops!

Amy I. said...

Wow Judy, thank you SO much for featuring Playing House! I'm honored to be among such great company!!

Olga said...

Ooh, what a great surprise and honor to be featured as one of the blogs! Thank you!

Just so that you know, dumpster diving tip came from one of my readers, not me :)

Dharm said...

Great job stepping in for Jenn! Fantastic roundup as always...

Thistlemoon said...

Great group, Judy! Thanks so much for your help!!